Position: NEIC Parenting Programme Coordinator
Reporting to: Assistant Director of Early Learning Initiative (ELI)
Purpose of Position: To coordinate parenting programmes and referral pathways across all age groups in the NEIC along with the establishment of a NEIC Parenting Forum
• Director/Assistant Director of the Early Learning Initiative.
• ABC/ELI Team and Consortium
• NEIC Working Group 3: Family Wellbeing
• Stakeholders in the NEIC in particular parents and professionals who support parents and deliver parenting programmes
• Tusla Partnership Prevention and Family Support (PPFS), Children and Young People Services Committee (CYPSC) and Young People at Risk (YPAR) and other parent support networks and organisations
Key Responsibilities: The coordinator will have responsibility for coordinating parenting programmes and referral pathways across all age groups in the NEIC along with the establishment of a NEIC Parenting Forum. Collaborating with parents and practitioners in the delivery of the project will be central to the work. This will include
• Reviewing and coordinating existing parenting supports/programmes and referral pathways in the NEIC across all age groups. • Acting as a central contact point for services and parents in the NEIC area in relation to parenting programmes and supports
• Establishing an NEIC parenting forum in the NEIC inclusive of parents and practitioners that will meet regularly to discuss emerging needs and input into the termly reviews and action plans.
• Identifying gaps in existing parenting supports/programmes and through the NEIC Parenting Forum and other NEIC networks develop a plan to address these gaps.
• Supporting the NEIC Parenting Champions and the delivery of the existing parenting programmes. • Build parental capacity within the NEIC, taking the diversity of the parent population into account, to contribute to the design, delivery and evaluation of parenting programmes.
• Any other duties as assigned by the ELI Director/Assistant Director and NEIC Subgroup 3: Family Wellbeing
• Relevant 3rd level qualification
• Relevant experience of working with children, young people, families and statutory agencies
• Experience in developing, delivering and evaluating evidenced based parenting programmes
• Relevant facilitation, community development and research skills
• Professional interest in parenting support
• Ability to work closely with marginalised families and have an understanding of the issues of marginalisation
• Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of College personnel, community stakeholders and other outside individuals/organizations
• Good administrative, organisational and time management skills with the ability to produce results to deadlines.
• Ability to operate as a team player in a cross disciplinary, integrated team, sharing roles and responsibilities.
• An energetic, confident and pro-active individual with excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills
• Excellent IT skills with experience in delivering eLearning and online engagement
Salary: Specialist/ Senior Administrator: Min €36,540 Max €52,783
Contract Type: This is a full-time fixed term position for one year
The successful candidate will be subject to Garda Vetting and must not hold any convictions under the Sex Offenders Act 2001.
Application Process: To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and CV, quoting reference number: to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 9th July 2021.
Note: The functions and responsibilities assigned to the NEIC Parenting Programme Coordinator are based on the current stated role and objectives of the College. These functions and responsibilities may alter in line with any change in the role and objectives of the NCI.
Equal Opportunities Policy: National College of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.