Central Area Headquarters, Dublin 1
What are we doing?
The Mulvey Report contains over 50 actions under four main headings aimed at regenerating North East Inner City Dublin.
Key actions include:
- the refurbishment and reopening of Fitzgibbon Street Garda Station making it a centre for community policing and local drug enforcement;
- increased levels of local Gardaí in the Community and a new policing plan;
- the introduction of a single platform to streamline education, training and employment activation efforts;
- a skills need assessment to inform training requirements and job opportunities in the area;
- development of a specialist hub for highly vulnerable families;
- pilot a new model of in-school speech and language therapy;
- the provision of a single youth leadership development programme; and
- a comprehensive physical refurbishment plan for the area.