Central Area Headquarters, Dublin 1
World Record Attempt: Largest Gathering of People Dressed as Vampires!
Seán McDermott Street Church, Dublin 1
Wed 23rd Oct —
World Record Attempt:
Largest Gathering of People Dressed as Vampires!
6.30pm on Wednesday 23 October 2019
An attempt to break the World Record for the largest gathering of Vampires will be held at 6.30pm on 23 October close to where Dracula author, Bram Stoker lived for longer than anywhere else in Dublin.
Everyone is invited to turn up in their capes outside Seán McDermott Street Church where there will be live music, face painting, treats - and a limited number of capes for those who forgot to bring their own.
This event is part of The Big Scream Halloween Community Festival (22-31 October) and it will be led by the festival’s own Dracula, actor David Herlihy.
The road will be closed to traffic (6.30-8pm) to ensure the safety of everyone in the family during this event where people will also be encouraged to take a walk or run down Seán McDermott Street.
The current World Record is held by Doswell, Virginia where 1,039 Vampires gathered on 30 September, 2011.
Other offerings in this free ten-day festival include:
- Saved from the bonfire! Festival launch to include unveiling of chairs made by young people from pallets (the sort that usually end up on a bonfire).
- Gothic torchlit walking tours and talks.
- An audience with Dacre Stoker, Bram's great grand-nephew in Dublin’s oldest library.
- Launch of “Bram Stoker in the North Inner City” by local historian, Hugo McGuinness with illustrations by John D. Ruddy.
- Psychic investigation into the mid-1800s when Bram Stoker lived in the area, with UK based psychic medium, Angie Freeland and paranormal psychologist, Keith Freeland.
- Halloween night carnival-style celebration on Seán McDermott Street.
For further information contact Yetti Redmond: 087 2245414
Stay in touch
Subscribe to our mailing list to stay up to date with news and events