Central Area Headquarters, Dublin 1
Membership as of August 2018:
- Michael Stone, Independent Chair
- Brendan Kenny, Dublin City Council
- Fergus McCabe, North Inner City Community Coalition
- Triona O'Connor, North Inner City Community Coalition
- Feargal O’Rourke, representative of the Business / Employer community
- Chief Superintendent Sean Ward, An Garda Síochána
- Noel Hand, Department of Employment and Social Protection
- Mary Cregg, Department of Education and Skills
- Conor Rowley, Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Mary Keenan, Department of the Taoiseach
- Mary Walshe, Health Service Executive
- Jim Walsh, Department of Health
Established in June 2017 and led by an independent chair, Michael Stone, the Board comprises the key Government departments and agencies who have statutory responsibility for delivery of key services and accountability for the expenditure of funds related to priority areas in the North East Inner City project.
The Chair is accountable, on behalf of the Board to the Ministerial Taskforce. The Board is accountable for the delivery of the project plan and for the management of ring-fenced funds available for implementation. The Board’s primary focus is to oversee the implementation of the Plan and report to the Oversight Group.
- The Board oversees the development of a detailed project plan, programme implementation and report progress on implementation.
- The Board is charged with promoting a coordinated and integrated approach to local planning linked to national policies and programmes; and to agree and support tailored approaches for the implementation of programmes within the community.
- It has a focus on ensuring parent organisations and wider stakeholder groupings are supporting delivery for the North East Inner City and ensures the necessary mandate and authority is devolved to local providers.